POLAR-PALOOZA is a national tour featuring public presentations entitled “Stories From a Changing Planet.” These tales of adventure and science are told by a charismatic “cast” of characters, using HD video and authentic props — such as a piece of ice core 2,000 years old, or a caribou parka — to bring polar research to life. Each stop on the tour will include special programs for schools, workshops for K-12 educators and museum volunteers, briefings for local news media and business leaders, and camp-ins for Girl Scouts and Boys and Girls Clubs.
- March 13-14, 2008 — Washington, D.C.
- April 17-19, 2008 — Salt Lake City, Utah: Utah Museum of Natural History
- April 21-22, 2008 — Norman, Okla.: Sam Noble Oklahoma Museum of Natural History
- May 4-6, 2008 — Anchorage, Alaska: Anchorage Museum at Rasmuson Center
- May 8-10, 2008 — Fairbanks, Alaska: University of Alaska Museum of the North
- May 24-25, 2008 — Raleigh, N.C.: North Carolina Museum of Natural Sciences
- Sept. 12-13, 2008 — Cleveland, Ohio: Cleveland Museum of Natural History
- Sept. 19-20, 2008 — Chicago, Ill. : Chicago Museum of Science and Industry and the Adler Planetarium
- Oct. 22-24, 2008 — Richmond, Va. : Science Museum of Virginia
- Oct. 27-29, 2008 — St. Louis, Mo. : St. Louis Science Center
- Nov. 11-12, 2008 — Boise, Idaho: Discovery Center of Idaho
- Nov. 14-15, 2008 — Denver, Colo. : Denver Museum of Nature and Science
For more information about the Polar-Palooza events, visit http://passporttoknowledge.com/polar-palooza/pp04.php.